When you look at the abysmal conduct of the torys here in Surrey Heath, you have to ask yourself, could you be any more out of touch than this??? You have to assume that these are living breathing humans who manage to put one foot in front of the other every day, but how could they so coldly and stupidly do what they are doing?
Rocketing Council Tax
Up over 15% in 5 years, how could you possibly justify that? What do we get for this? You’re right, nothing… Are the roads, schools, policing, etc. 15% better? Are we getting 15% more value? Is it costing them 15% more to do the same things? You’re right, it isn’t and it doesn’t… Oh, and they want another 15% from us next year. Madness???
Spending £178,000,000 on street lights and then turning them off to save £21,000
Yes, that’s right, a very few short years ago, they asked us to fund the replacement of all the street lights in Surrey because the new ones would be so much more energy efficient. So, we spend a fortune to save money and then we have to save £21K by turning the lights off. A stroke of genius, and the results of this genius?
- The elderly are scared crazy because they can hear things outside their homes and can’t see what is going on, they are almost all afraid to go out at night, especially as many of them are very light sleepers…
- the disabled and sight impaired are imprisoned because they just can’t do anything due to the fact that they just can’t see anything
- shift workers are unable to do all their work, as they can’t see when they are going to and getting off work and effectively can’t work
- crime is up, although we are unable to judge empirically this for a year after it happens, but you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to understand that you are giving criminals a free hand to do what they like. I am hearing dozens of examples on the campaign trail…
- The Council is demonstrating complete contempt for the “little people”
Abysmal state of our roads
No one contests this. But how could that be? A pothole costs £53 to fix and takes 3 minutes to complete. How could it be that these go on and on and on? There is absolutely no excuse for the state of our roads…
Fees at the Rubbish Tips
Here’s another stroke of brilliance on behalf of the Council. So, you tell “white van man” that he can’t go to the tip without paying, and guess how he responds??? Have you been out and about lately? Fly tipping is everywhere, there are now TV shows about it. This wasn’t broken, so the Council “fixed it”…